The Ni2 Network Service Provider Solution delivers a next-generation Service Fulfillment and Service Assurance capabilities by leveraging a centralized service and resource inventory. This solution delivers access to all relevant information and integrated management capabilities for the planning and design, service fulfillment and service assurance processes required of today’s leading network service providers.
- Enables managing the network from the service perspective. Service Inventory module.
- Leverages the Service Catalog to describe the services -Customer Facing Services (CFS) and Resource Facing Services (RFS)- and manages service instances so that they are created according to service specifications.
- Stores attribute and lifecycle information about both physical and logical network resources and leverages the Resource Catalog to describe all resources and presents as-is, planning and historical states of telecom/IT network infrastructure.
- Enables the centralization of the multi-vendor and multi-technology resources specifications management.
- Allows for the modeling, utilization and management of locations, rooms, and racks.
Ni2 PLAN AND DESIGN
Resource Planning and Design
- Enables the detailed planning and design to build out new equipment and expand capacity to ensure high availability and network resilience, and leverages the Resources Inventory module to provide an up to date and accurate view of the network to prioritize where and when to expand and upgrade the network.
Service Order Management
- Enables an automated, end-to-end service order management for the fulfillment of network services.
- Enables creating, modifying/upgrading or terminating services. It manages service orders during the fulfillment process, through the steps of availability checking, reservation and finally provisioning and activation of the services, including the underlying network resources.
- Enables to decomposition of service orders into technical orders linking the Customer Facing Services (CFS) to the Resource Facing Services (RFS) to the Resources. The orders can be decomposed automatically or manually based on service catalog and service inventory data.
- Enables the centralization of service specifications management, which aims to increase automation of the end to end service fulfillment and service assurance processes.
Service Problem Management
- Enables the creation and lifecycle management of service incidents to their quick and effective resolutions.
- Helps to proactively and significantly reduce the time needed to resolve service incidents by taking into account the different requirements and dependencies that services may have of the underlying network resources.
- Leverages the Service and Resource Inventory modules to predict and calculate customer service impact based on the service models and topology information.
Resource Problem Management
- Enables the creation and lifecycle management of resource problems to their quick and effective resolutions.
- Helps to proactively and significantly reduce the time needed to resolve resource issues by leveraging the Service and Resource Inventory modules to quickly pinpoint faulty resources, list impacted technical services and accurately determine customer service impact .